1. How do I get access to the price list?
- You need to join the closed user group by completing an order form. The form is accessed by clicking the Subscribe Now!
- Once you have submitted the order form and payment has been confirmed, your user id and password will be emailed to you.
- You then need to click the Members link after which you will need to enter your user id and password.
- Once you have been logged in, you will be able to select the Prices link which lists the prices.
2. What payment methods are available?
- Payments can be made via Internet transfer, wire transfer or cash deposit.
3. How much does access to the list cost?
- Subscriptions costs US$159 for one year’s access and US$249 for two years’ access.
- If you are in South Africa, costs are R1,120 for one year’s access and R2,015 for two years’ access.
4. How often is the list updated?
The list is updated once a month, usually on the last Friday of the preceeding month.
5. What if I forget my password?
All you need to do is enter either your user id or the email address we have on record in the Forgot My Password form, found by clicking the Forgot My Password link on the Members login screen. If we find it on record, your user id and password will be mailed to your email address.
6. Do you trade in rough diamonds?
No, we don’t deal in diamonds, rough or polished. This is to avoid any perceived conflict of interests.
7. How does one trade in rough diamonds?
There are many rules and regulations pertaining to the diamond trade in most diamond-producing countries. You would need to get in contact with the relevant authority dealing with precious commodities in the country in which you wish to deal.
8. Can you put me in touch with other diamond dealers?
9. Do you offer any employment opportunities?
No, we have a very small staff and are not looking to expand at this time.
10. What is the average price of a diamond?
It’s amazing how many times this question is asked of us! Because of the vastly differing values, it’s impossible to set an average. Some industrial diamonds (boart) are as little as US$1 per carat while some special diamonds are worth many millions per carat. This would give an average of “some” millions of US Dollars which is totally meaningless.
11. What discounts and deductions are built into the prices?
Trade discounts of between 60% (for a 0.30ct M I3) and 22% (for a 10.00ct D IF) are applied to the value of the polish you should recover from the rough diamond. Nominal polishing costs of US$30-70/ct (depending on size and quality) are also deducted. However, polishing costs are usually much more expensive and you must remember to make provision for them. A profit margin of 10% is finally applied to give the final pricing.
12. How does the parcel calculator work?
The parcel calculator prices require that the electronic data file be either downloaded and imported, or downloaded directly using the parcel calculator “Download price list” menu link. The instructions for the parcel calculator are found in the “Help” menu link in the parcel calculator.